Garcia Hall received a brand new look in Fall 2012. From the carpet to the blinds, to the locks on the doors, everything has been replaced and upgraded. Adjustable and loftable beds along with modern, moveable, and storage friendly furniture allow each student to arrange their room to maximize space and usability. Garcia Hall is split into two sections: Garcia West containing patio’s A & B and Garcia East containing patio’s C & D. Each section holds about 400 students and has its own Resident Director and staff dedicated to student support.
Garcia Hall offers plenty of opportunities for students to connect to the campus. It is ideal for students seeking a high-energy, active environment where they can jump in, make friends, and get involved. Each room is designed as a part of a suite where roommates share a bathroom with the residents of the adjoining room. Garcia Hall is ADA compliant and offers many well-designed rooms with an elevator to accommodate students with special needs.
Garcia Hall is home to various Living Learning Communities. Garcia West features Honors, Education, Engineering, Fine Arts, Army & Air Force ROTC, Business & Professional Golf Management (PGM). Garcia East houses Agriculture, Consumer & Environmental Science (ACES), Criminal Justice, Natural Sciences/Pre-Medicine, Nursing, Osteopathic Medicine Pathways & Pre-Pharmacy.
Also located in Garcia Hall, La Vista Learning Center is a 10,000 square foot academic support area featuring two state-of-the-art classrooms, study areas, computer labs and faculty/academic advising spaces. Intentionally built to support students’ academic experiences, this space provides a myriad of activities focused on helping students meet their college goals.
Garcia Hall amenities:
- Live-in student and professional staff
- On-site 24-hour service and security desk
- Computer access available in La Vista Learning Center
- North Campus centralized mail distribution center with student mailboxes
- Floor lounges and two large lobby areas equipped with ping-pong tables, pool tables, and televisions
- Four awesome patios for convenient outdoor social opportunities
- Laundry facilities on each floor
- Two kitchens
- An elevator
Each room includes (double occupancy):
- 2 extra long twin beds
- 2 desks with chairs including built-in storage and white board
- 2 shelving units
- 2 consoles
- 2 dressers
- Sink outside bathroom with counter and cabinet space
- Individual Ethernet internet connections
- Shared free basic cable