Completed in 2006, Piñon Hall is one of our newest residential facilities and home to approximately 300 students. Designed to encourage social interaction between residents, this hall features relaxing community-living spaces, a billiards room, and two large, grassy courtyards perfect for outdoor studying or an impromptu volleyball game. Room furniture can be lofted to allow students more flexibility in room design. Each room is designed as a part of a suite where roommates share a bathroom with the residents of the adjoining room. Piñon Hall is ADA compliant and offers many well-designed rooms with an elevator to accommodate students with special needs.
Piñon Hall is located in North Campus with the other traditional halls where students have easy access to Corbett Center Student Union as well as various university departments, making it easier to conduct business or seek additional assistance. All other residence halls are minutes away, so visiting friends or getting together with a group for class projects is a snap!
Piñon Hall also houses student athletes from the following sports: baseball, golf, softball, tennis and track & field.
Piñon Hall amenities:
- Live-in student and professional staff
- Close proximity to 24-hour service and security desk and North Campus mail distribution center located in Garcia Hall
- Computer access available in common areas
- Floor lounges and lobby areas equipped with ping-pong tables, pool tables, and televisions
- Two large patios featuring a volleyball court and outdoor furniture convenient for social opportunities
- Laundry facilities on each floor
- Two large kitchens equipped with refrigerator, stove, oven, microwave, table & chairs, large screen televisions and couches
- An elevator
Each room includes (double occupancy):
- 2 extra-long twin beds
- 2 desks with chairs
- 2 shelving units
- 2 consoles
- 2 small dressers
- 2 large dressers
- Large bathrooms with double sinks and private toilet/shower areas
- Individual Ethernet Internet connections
- Shared free basic cable