NMSU branding
New Mexico State University
New Mexico State University


Rates & How to Pay

Housing Rates (per student, per semester)

Rates are current for the 2014-2015 academic year.



Summer Housing Rates (per student)

Summer rates run from spring housing closing in May until fall housing opening in August.
Students who stay for summer classes only will have their charges prorated.



Dining Memberships (per student, per semester)




Housing Prepayment and Application Fee

A $15.00 application fee for campus housing and a $200 prepayment of rent are due at the time of application. For summer school, the prepayment is $50.  The $200 prepayment will be refunded back to the student account once occupancy is verified (within the first month after school begins).


Students living in residence halls or single student apartment complexes are assessed a $14/semester fee. This fee helps support activities of the Resident Hall Association.

Dining Application Fee

Campus meal service is required for freshman students living in the residence halls. A $15 application fee is due at the time of application. The meal contract, including refund procedures, is administered through Auxiliary Administration.


How to Pay for Housing & Dining

Housing and dining costs are loaded onto the student account that can be accessed through the ebill payment system or at my.nmsu.edu using the student NMSU username and password.  The amount due will appear only after a room assignment has been made.  Therefore, the earlier a student selects a roommate and/or is assigned a room, the sooner the fees will appear on the student account.

Housing and dining fees can be paid in one installment or can be taken care of over the course of the semester.  Please note that fees owed for housing and dining are subject to the same terms and conditions as regular tuition.  If the student account is not paid in full by the end of the semester, the student may have blocks placed on their account and charges left unpaid for prior terms can result in disenrollment from current term courses unless payment arrangements are made with University Accounts Receivable.

In many cases, financial aid or scholarship can be applied to housing and dining costs.  To inquire about individual financial aid and/or scholarship packages, please contact the office of University Financial Aid and Scholarship Services directly at 575.646. or 877-278-8586.