All available applications and exemption forms are accessed through MyNMSU.
2021-2022 ACADEMIC YEAR
- Students who are first-time, full-time undergraduate students admitted to the Las Cruces campus. If you completed college coursework concurrently during high school and entering NMSU for the first time you are should complete this application. The contract is for the academic year which is fall and spring. *If a student has already completed the housing application, the housing application takes priority over the housing exemption request.
- Students who are first-time, full-time undergraduate students admitted to the Las Cruces campus and have rare circumstances may submit a request to be exempt from the residency requirement. *If a student has already completed the housing application, the housing application takes priority over the housing exemption request.
- Students who are transfers, current residents, exchange students should complete this application. The contract is for the academic year which is fall and spring. NOTE: Applications will be available soon.
- Students who are married, married couples with children, single parents with dependent children, domestic partners, and domestic partner with child(ren). Should complete this application. *Family housing residents will select from a six, nine or twelve month lease. NOTE: Applications will be available soon.
*If the student is under 18 at the time of the application, they need to provide a parent’s email address. A code will be emailed to the parent to complete the under 18 form electronically.
Here’s how to apply for Housing
To complete a housing application follow the steps below:
- Log in to your MyNMSU account with your NMSU username and password.
- Click on the Student tab. The Banner Self-Service panel appears in the middle of the screen.
- Select MyHousing.
- Once in MyHousing at the top of the screen, you will see the Application drop-down menu.
- Select the application in which you qualify under. (For example: 2021-2022 First-Year Housing and Dining)
- Once you have selected your option, you will review the terms of the agreement. Once you have signed the agreement, hit Continue.
- Complete the application questions and hit Continue.
- Select your housing option and hit Continue.
- Select your meal plan and hit Continue.
- You will then be directed to pay the application and deposit fee. Your application will not be complete until the payment is submitted. If you close out of the application before completing it, you will need to re-apply.
Once you have made the payment, you will receive a message to your NMSU email account verifying your application has been submitted.