RGH is a fully-updated building that still has the charm, character and feel of yesteryear. This hall is big on tradition with a style emphasizes its unique atmosphere. RGH features a massive courtyard known for its attractiveness and prominence for social functions. RGH is the only living area on campus where the rooms open onto an inside hallway; a traditional “double-loaded corridor” design. This design encourages resident interaction and makes for a very strong sense of community amongst a diverse group of residents ranging from freshmen to graduate students.
Students are attracted to the convenience of RGH. With multiple lots to choose from, residents can usually find parking without much hassle. RGH is located across from the Barnes & Noble at NMSU Bookstore & Café and is within a 5-minute walk to Taos Restaurant (the student dining hall), both libraries, Admissions, Registrar, Financial Aid, Cashier, Housing main offices and much more! It even has an assortment of off-campus dining and shopping options just across the street!
RGH sponsors workshops on developing leadership skills, and other great events such as the annual haunted house in the RGH basement. RGH is home to various Living Learning Communities including Aggie Pathway, Career Quest for Undecided, and Arts & Sciences.
- Live-in student and professional staff
- Close proximity to 24-hour service and security desk and North Campus mail distribution center located in Garcia Hall
- Computer access available in common areas
- Floor lounges and large lobby areas equipped with ping-pong tables, pool tables, and televisions
- Large courtyard with sand volleyball court
- Centrally located laundry facility on site
- Kitchen areas
Each room includes (double occupancy):
- 2 loftable & adjustable extra-long twin beds
- 2 desks with chairs
- 2 shelving units
- 2 consoles
- 2 dressers
- 2 custom chests
- Shared suite-style bathrooms or no hassle community bathrooms (Rhodes)
- Individual Ethernet internet connections
- Shared free basic cable